This class is a class that is designed to introduce the outdoor enthusiast to skills needed to navigate using a map and a compass, using GPS coordinates with a map and how to survive an extended stay in the wilderness unexpectedly. No one wants to get lost in the wilderness, but knowing how to navigate, cook and what to have with you when venturing out into the wilds of your State could save your life. An in person Basic First Aid Class will be included in this class with a 2 year certification included.
This class offers a FREE overnight in the comforts of our Attic Lodge bunkroom. (If you live locally, overnight is not a requirement.)
Day (1) in class 8 AM - 4 PM w/Lunch Break (Overnight in Lodge)
Bring lunch for class and something for your dinner as well. (There are local places to buy a lunch & dinner if you prefer.)
Surviving an emergency Overnight in the woods, Map & Compass Navigation, First Aid Class, Using a GPS or Smart Phone with a Map to navigate & find and give your exact location.
Day (2) Classroom and outdoor activities 8-4 PM w/Lunch Break
Hands on Basic Wilderness Survival Skills for an unplanned emergency overnight. Basic Campfire Skills training and cooking over a controlled open fire area.
Bring lunch for class (There are local places to buy a lunch & dinner if you prefer.)
- A mandatory First Aid Class will be given. (2 yr. Certificate issued.)
- Map & Compass Navigation Class
- Using a GPS with a Map to find and give your location as Latitude & Longitude coordinates.
- Basic Wilderness Survival Skills for an unplanned emergency overnight.
- Basic Campfire Skills training and cooking over a controlled open fire area.
Things to Bring to Class:
- Baseplate 360 deg. Azimuth Mapping Compass,
- GPS or Smartphone,
- Rain Coat, outdoor shoes,
- bug spray or Thermacell as this class has outdoor activities.
- Emergency Survival Blanket 3 Pack Purchase HERE or elsewhere.
- Minimum of 25 ft Paracord Purchase HERE or elsewhere
You will need personal overnight items and needs, a bed roll (sleeping bag, sheets, blankets etc.) pillow, and towels for showers.
The cost for this two day class and one overnight stay is
- $795 One on One Class (Solo Class)
- $495 each for 2 or more people (Get a friend to join you.)
- $395 each for 3-6 people. (Find 2 or more Friends)
This class can be scheduled to fit your available time slots. Weekdays or Weekends.
$100 Non-refundable deposit required.